I was nominated by the lovely, Ida. Which was very lovely and I’m flattered. Ida has a very candid blog about her courageous battle with depression. It’s a blog that really opened my mind about mental health issues and I have learnt a lot from her posts. I urge everyone to go and read her blog. Thank you so much for my nomination, Ida!
WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with indigenous posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma
- Thank whoever nominated you and include link to their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
So, three things about me? I’m always stumped when I get asked questions like this, it’s almost like I forget who I am!
1. Before I got Lupus, I had plans to join the army as a medic.
2. I love animals. Mostly dogs, cats, elephants, koala bears…okay, pretty much any animal. I’d love to set up an animal rescue center.
3. I’m naturally a night owl and I prefer night time to day time. I think it’s because everything is still and quiet. I write most of my blog posts in the early hours of the morning. Overall, I’m more relaxed at night time.
5 questions from Ida:
What has blogging brought into your life? Blogging has given me an escape, my blog is a place to vent and to pour my heart out if needs be. It’s been therapy to me, especially in the early days of my diagnosis. It’s also improved my literacy skills!
Is there something you’d like to change about your blog? I would like to blog more but sometimes I struggle for ideas. I’m also a bit of a perfectionist and tend to write them out and delete them whilst muttering “that was shite” to myself.
If you write about mental health, how do you feel about sharing such an intimate part of yourself? I don’t write collectively about mental health but I did write a post about anxiety, a side affect from steroids. I felt extremely nervous to publish it, at the time I felt quite vulnerable. I didn’t know what kind of response it would get because it was a subject people view as ‘taboo’.
What would be your dream collaboration? I don’t think I have a dream collaboration.
One thing you’d do
when if you’d rule the world? Tell people to chill the f*ck out.
5 questions from me:
1. What made you start a blog?
2. Do you share your blog with people who personally know you, or is it secret?
3. Out of all your posts, which is your favourite?
4. Has blogging helped you come to terms with your illness?
5. What is a weird food combination that you like?
The people I nominate (it’s not quite 10-20, sorry!):
lozzielivandlupus: A blog about juggling life with Lupus with motherhood.
Chronically Sarina: Sarina blogs about living with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.
Nicole Eloise: Nicole blogs about mental health, chronic illness, beauty and lifestyle.